Friday, July 8, 2011

Exciting Summer of Art Shows Begins July 23rd

If you were to ask me a year ago if I'd be entering let alone being accepted into any of the upcoming biennial art shows in the Finger Lakes and Southern Tier regions of New York State I'd have just shrugged my shoulders while half listening and continuing to paint. Entering art shows wasn't on my radar screen. I mean, I had just left the corporate world and re-entered the art world that January through a chance meeting with a great group of art mentors and instructors who tossed me a new brush and pushed me head first into an entirely new medium: oils while introducing me to the work of the abstract expressionists. And there I was, just putting in my time. Painting.

After a number of ups and downs and interruptions I was able to settle in and soon increased my work ethic, consolidated my learning, focused my goals and expanded my studio to accommodate larger canvases and by the time 2011 began I literally dropped off the radar. The result produced a number of pieces that are now either sold, hanging in galleries or being accepted into some prestigious art shows. While amazingly motivational and humbling of course  I feel I'm just getting started and don't want to get ahead of myself. But it is good to be shown once again that hard work does pay off. And this time I'm also learning to take the time to enjoy the moments...and the parties!

Speaking of which, a very nice party is coming up on July 23rd in Rochester, NY. Details are below. Hope to see some of you soon! But for now, I need to get back to the studio. Brush on!




No comments:

Post a Comment