Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom...and Thanks

In honor of my Mom's birthday I am dedicating this post to her memory and sharing some of her work. Thanks so much, Mom. For sharing with me your love of the ocean (and especially the smell of the salt air at low tide), gardening (especially the feel of the damp earth when planting the tomato's in Spring), words (especially your love of books and your mother's old poetry library) and art (especially your enthusiasm for the masters and of course your paintings). I will carry them (and especially you) with me always.  Miss you. Hugs.




















































The Assisted Living home where my Dad still lives dedicated a hallway to my mom's paintings in her memory.

Mom at about age 65 when she moved to Cape Cod and began painting full time.






No comments:

Post a Comment